Was wondering, who has a good recipe for:

I'm looking for a good frosting/icing recipe that does not require to be refrigerated.
I have a GREAT one, but needs the fridge.
Thanks

MrsDAP

Asked by MrsDAP at 12:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do!! But it's mostly for cookies, like sugar cookies. It gets a little hard when it sets, so it's not messy.

If you're interested in it, please send me a message and I'll forward it over to you.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If its something like a royal icing: 10X sugar, milk.... then thats really not what I'm looking for. But thanks! Oh Sugar cookies, hmmm might have to make them soon
    MrsDAP

Comment by MrsDAP (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I dont usually refrigerate my buttercream frosting. It's just a cup of shortening (or half REAL butter, half shortening) and a bag of powdered sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla. Sometimes i have to add a touch of milk to make it the consistency i need, but i still dont refrigerate it. It WILL, however, start tasting stale after a couple days if left uncovered.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 12:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• try allrecipes.com
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I use the same type of recipe as mommaturbo. Crisco shortening and confectioners sugar, a touch of vanilla extract. Since the crisco doesn't need to be refrigerated, the frosting doesn't. I usually don't measure, just mix to the right consistancy. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'll try that, thanks girls
    MrsDAP

Comment by MrsDAP (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2010