Has anyone ever been "scared" to find out the sex of their baby?

I have a 2 year old son, and I LOVE that he's a total little guy. He's grubby, he's boisterous, he's fearless, he never slows down. Exhausting, but fun. Now, I'm pretty much the opposite of a girly girl. I barely use make up, I can't remember the last time I wore a dress/skirt, I pretty much live in jeans. I can't be bothered with messing with my hair, I don't paint my nails, I hate massages, you get the picture.

I'm currently pregnant with my second child, and I'm pretty much convinced it's a girl... And that thought scares me! What if it's a total girly girl who's into make up and pink and princess dresses? I wouldn't know what to DO with her!

Am I the ony one who feels that way?

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 12:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry about it. I don't consider myself a girly girl either, although I am more of one than you are. Anyway, my girl so far is turning out to be somewhere inbetween tomboy and girly girl. She doesn't mind getting dirty and loves cars but she also loves her toy purse and having her hair done.

I think a lot of it is how you raise her. The only pink my girl has ever worn was bought for her as a gift or is a dark fushia.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• So don't find out til she or he arrives! I didn't find out with my son until the day he was born, and I loved it that way :)
    You know you'll love him/her no matter what once you see her, and then you won't have to feel guilty if you're not happy about what the ultrasound tells you.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'd love him/her regardless, the thought of having a girly girl just kind of throws me off, heh. And I HAVE to find out the sex, the not knowing would drive me insane! I'm so not a fan of surprises :P
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sure I thin we all have some fear on way or another. I too have a boy and LOVE him to pieces, would like a girl someday,but yea that scares the crud outta me....how would I deal with a girl!?! I guess that we would prob both do fine....it will be a great learning experience for us! Besides nothing is greater than our love for our kids!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yeah, i have two boys, 4 and 1, and i'm pregnant with #3. The thought of a girl kinda freaks me out too! But i consider myself a "girly tomboy", so i think i have a decent enough balance that i can deal with whatever she throws at me!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 12:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was not scared.We couldn't find out in the 1960's --there were no ultrasounds---and it DIDN'T MATTER whichever I had. ;-)
    My firstborn--daughter---was a tomboy,still loves sports,etc. and I have always been "girly" but t was not a problem at all. It shouldn't matter.We are totally opposite but that isgreat---kids are individuals .My son and other daughter are different too---thank goodness because I don't my kids to be clones of me!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• SAME HERE!! I have one boy already and don't even want to think about having a girl this time. I was a teenage girl and I do NOT want to deal with me!! Boys all around!!!!
    sunshine_baby86

Answer by sunshine_baby86 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• "What if it's a total girly girl who's into make up and pink and princess dresses? I wouldn't know what to DO with her! "

Ah, but see, you would. When I first found out I was pregnant, I knew nothing about babies and I was scared to death. I actually cried when I got the positive pregnancy test. I was completely convinced that I would never be able to be a mom, to take care of a baby, to know how to feed one, comfort one, play, teach one to read, etc, etc. But I did. I just went with the flow and adjusted and I think I'm a pretty good mom. I'm not girly and my daughters are definitely more interested in girly stuff than me, but just as I learned to care for a baby, a toddler, a school-age kid, I wing it and do it. And you have a girl, you'll know how to handle her because she's YOURS (even if she does turn out to be a dainty gal).
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It will all come natural to you just relax and concentrate on having your baby girl.
    just for fun check out www.chinesegenderchart.com it was pretty accurate on both my pregnancies and let us know what you get :) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That chart was right for my son, and it says girl for this one, go figure....

Honestly, I wasn't 100% serious with my question, I know I'll figure it out, but I'd still do my best to avoid pink as much as possible, heh.
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010