Bacterial Vaginosis adult content

Have you ever suspected you had BV, but then had it clear up on its own? Or have you used some kind of natural or OTC home treatment to successfully clear it up? I suspect I have one, and wanted to try some natural treatments before I go to the doctor if any have worked for others. My annual appt is coming up soon, so it doesn't clear up, I will talk to my Gyn about it in a couple weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• It is better to get put on an antibiotic to get rid of it. You could look up natural ways but most are not really going to work, are for prevention not to get rid of it, and wouldn't be a guarantee that it would all be taken care of. What I would do is get in touch with your doctor and have it taken care of. Then look up ways to prevent it in the future because most who end up with BV end up getting it again.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• go to the doctor there isent a cure for it my sister had it while prego they had to give her meds ...................
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• u have to take antibiotics
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If you are going to see your ob/gyn soon anyway, just move your appointment up and get an accurate diagnosis and Rx before any problems develop.

I once had a bacterial infection that was misdiagnosed as yeast. The treatment, of course, made it worse (killing off the yeast, made more room for the bacteria to grow). That was a miserable week for me.

Don't guess with your baby-making-machinery. See your doc. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• you have to take antibiotics to get rid of it. OTC meds such as ones for yeast infections make it worse and burn horribly when used. I was in hell for a while when i thought it was just yeast infection. turns out it wasnt :(
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 3:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010