Pain meds?

I had a tooth pulled yesterday and I am in alot of pain and the dentist told me to take tylenol but that doesnt help that only helps for my headaches I was wondering what kind of pain medication can you take while you ar prego.??? Example the dr said I could tylenol 3 with codine but thats mainly tylenol so anyone have any suggestions? could I take like Vicodin or Lortabs? I need something for the pain what can I take ?

MaccysMommy09

Asked by MaccysMommy09 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Thats a question for your OB... call him/her and ask what you can take. They know you and the baby the best.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Call you doctor and tell him/her that plain tylenol is not working

Answer by louise2 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• When i had my tooth pulled with my last pregnancy they gave me tylenol 3 and yes its mostly tylenol but it works. it does take the edge off. No you cant take those other ones i just had this convo with my doc yesterday. And they really dont like to give you pain meds when your PG.
    Anonymous

• tylenol doesnt do anything for me either. i was going to get my wisdoms pulled but then i found out i was pregnant and they decided not to do it. i know im gonna want to take the heavy pain meds like vikoden so im just waiting until after im not pregnant or breastfeeding anymore. call ur doctor and ask what they suggest
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• tylenol 3 has codeine in it, which is a narcotic.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008