are you really that dumb? adult content

are there really that many grown women who think that condoms protect against STDs? A few women were very rude in response to a question about herpes, stating that " that's what condoms are for" LOL Herpes is a skin disease, a condom does NOTHING to prevent it, or any other STD. I really hope that these women dont have herpes and are using condoms to " not spread it" . More of a vent, but WTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• What are people not understanding about what your trying to say? Not that condoms don't prevent std's but they don't prevent herpes.. Which they don't. Herpes is usually on the outer part of the body, its not spread through bodily secretions. Its spread by bumping uglies. lol. I really thought more people would understand your post. But it looks like you've confused more than gained on you side.. haha
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Perhaps you should educate yourself before making such statements. I don't know or care what the other post was about..but condoms are very effective in preventing the spread of STD's.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/od/condoms.pdf

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• hmmmm, so you don't think that condoms prevent the spread of std's? seriously? and you're calling other people dumb????? and btw, just so you know, you're wrong. crabs and herpes (sometimes) are the only things that condoms can't protect against. i guess someone wasn't paying attention in sex ed
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I guess I'm stupid, because I believe that condoms at least help prevent the spread of many STDs. Sorry, I just don't buy the whole "let's not use condoms 'cuz they don't work anyway" line of thinking. No, condoms don't prevent the spread of all STDs, but they do help with most. Why are you so angry anyway? Your thong crawl up your butt too far or something? Let it go and move on. Sheesh. All this fuss over something some stranger said on the internet. Time to break out the Midol, methinks.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• most stds are contracted in so many different ways
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes I am...

Hahaha j/k

Condoms are a good precaution and they do lesson the chances of passing it on, but the best thing to do is take daily Valtrex if you have it and your partner doesn't.

Why are you so mad about this? just curious.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yup, I'm with lowencope... True, condoms don't completely protect you against herpes, but they do help... And if you have an outbreak, you shouldn't have sex, period. Not only that, herpes isn't the only STD out there, and condoms DO protect against most of them. So why not promote the use of condoms at all times? Even if a person is on Valtrex, it's still a good idea to use condoms, to lower the risk even more.

Of course, if you have herpes, it's your responsibility to inform any potential partners BEFORE having sex...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I saw the title to this post and something told me to leave!

Answer by older at 1:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• anon, how old are you?

Answer by older at 1:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lowencope, now that is a thought!

Answer by older at 1:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010