How can I get my son to be less bored?

I am a stay at home mom with a 7 month old and a two year old. My two year old gets bored but some days I only have enough energy to get thier basic needs met. How do I keep bordem from setting in.

2kidsandtired

Asked by 2kidsandtired at 1:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Books, games, etc are an essential key to keeping toddlers entertained. A two year old would love a fort made out of a blanket and a table (mine did, anyway.) or ride on push toys to keep him moving. Gate off an area that's safe so the little one can't get to stairs, etc, and you can relax to tv or music, rest a bit during the day, while he plays. Puzzle games with shapes, letters, and numbers are also great for little ones. Look up sites with educational videos and stuff like that too. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think it's about finding one or two things that they love to do and won't get bored with as easily. My son is definitely the type that moves on from toys very quickly, but every once in while something will hold his interest for a long time. He absolutely loves Playdoh and will play with it for 30 minutes or more sometimes--tv doesn't even hold his interest this long and he likes to color but usually gets tired of it within 10 minutes. I use the time that he's occupied with the Playdoh to get dishes done or whatever else I need to do, and I like that he practices being creative and using his imagination with it too. Sometimes I let him take a Swiffer and dust everything in the house if I'm trying to clean. He feels good that he's such a big helper. I have trouble with this as well, especially if I have a lot of stuff I need to do or if I don't feel well, it's definitely hard to keep them occupied sometimes.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Get the 2 yo to help you do chores. Mine can't do much and it does draw out the chore time, but she loves to 'help' load the dryer.
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 1:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my daughter plays pretty well on her own. set him up with some crayons and paper for a little bit. make sure when they nap to take a break too. sometimes if you have a set schedule you and the kids do better energy wise and with boredom too. I am not good at the schedule thing though
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• check out the blog notimeforflashcards.com It has a lot of fun ideas to keep your children busy and engaged!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010