What do you find easier?

Carrying around your infant in a carrier or pushing them in their carseat/stroller while you are out and about? Especially those of you who have more than one child. I just bought a nice carrier that doesn't hurt my back and I am trying to figure out the best time to use that vs. the stroller. Everytime we ride in the car she passes out so is how can I make the switch to the carrier easily without disturbing her too much or should I just place her carseat in the stroller? Also should I only wear her carrier when we will be walking around long times or is it worth it to pack her in the carrier for short periods of time and back in her carseat for the trip home. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 1:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never found a carrier that was comfortable for me to use so I would hold her if at all possible, and put her in her carseat if it wasn't.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I say do what you want to make it easiest for all those situations.. if you don't mind carrying her around in the carseat, do that.. at this point, where ever is easiest for both of you - I used to walk in the mall with the stroller for hours because it would keep him content.. or we would take drives for hours just so he would get some rest and I would get cry free time.. if you are talking a carrier as like a sling type, I would wear her as often as you can.. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It really depends what you are doing. I have two kids one who is seven months and one who is two years. I also have a double stroller and a carrier. I use both but find it is easier in a store to carry my 7 month old and let my two year old sit in the cart. It is better to have him in the cart then to have him get into things in the store. If I am in a shopping center where I am going to go to multiple stores I find it is easier to use the stroller because we can walk from store to store and I can put my bags in the bottom of the stroller. I think the most important thing is making sure your hands are free. If you have the baby in the carseat, chances are they are not always happy and you have to end up carrying them anyway.
    2kidsandtired

Answer by 2kidsandtired at 1:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• With my son (my first child), I never used the carrier we had. It was uncomfortable and more of a pain to get him into it. And then they later had the recall on it, go figure. But even now, if he falls asleep in his car seat and I'm going into a store, I'll bring the whole car seat in and plop him in the cart. We have a travel stroller that luckily can fit the car seat into it as well. Once my daughter comes in December, I have a double stroller that I'll most likely be using.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• ahhh yes been there done that!!! My kids always slept in the car I would pick up the seat and put it into the stroller. That said I usually would put the carrier in the stroller on the just in case. ~which would be good for our long trips like the zoo, mall etc. that way I had both, it is nothing to push a stroller while using a carrier. I have 3 little boys so when I went to the grocery store I always took the little one out of his seat and put him in the carrier so that one child could walk, one could sit in the cart and the baby would be worn.
    mommyof3COJ

Answer by mommyof3COJ at 1:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I refused to get a carrier. I'm too likely to smash it into something.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yeah I only use the carrier when walking around the neighborhood or around the house. Never when we go out in the car. Because like you said, you have to get them out, and then right back in for the car ride home. In addition to my infant, I have a 1 year old who walks so it's hard bending over picking her up or holding her hand while a baby is strapped to my chest.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That depends on what you mean by easier! I LOVE having a double stroller but it's only downfall is it's huge so I hit a lot of things (and people - oops!).
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only used the carrier on occasion. I always liked having the stroller with me. It had a place to put the diaper bag, I actually changed the diaper right in the stroller. Changing a diaper is a pain with a carrier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It's going to be easiest if you just find your own groove with the carrier. I would use it mostly in the grocery store when I would have to be pushing a cart. I'm all for letting a baby sleep, but I can't see over the carseat if I put it on the cart. Usually with young babies they will go back to sleep within minutes of walking around in a carrier, so waking them to put them into the carrier isn't a big deal.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010