Playdates? How do you arrange them?

I'm not a social being and the thought of dealing with other kid's parents makes my head ache......My daughter just started grade one and she has a few friends that she wants to have play dates with but I don't ever see the kids or the parents so how do I go about it and if I invite a kid over does their mom have to stay? I'm in panic mode.
Thanks a bunch for your help.

drpepper73

Asked by drpepper73 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• invite people over
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I tend to bomb in this area. I'm from an area that is really friendly and the 'city' I live in is very cold. Every time I stick my hand out and try to make friends people look at m like I'm crazy. they even snub you if you wave. So I can't help but I can relate =) My daughter has been invited to B'day parties of her classmates so maybe your will too =)
    luv2mum

Answer by luv2mum at 1:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I love this question!!! I find it best to let your child have a friend come home from school with them. That way the parent is not there with the child!   ahahhaha!  Getting the child's phone number can be tricky though if your school does not hand out a school directory. I guess you could always give your daughter a little note written by you that your daughter could give to the friend she wants to invite over, telling them you would like a play date and add your phone number to it.   good luck!

mommyof3COJ

Answer by mommyof3COJ at 1:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• To set up a play date you can get the number of the parent, send a note with the kids to school, birthday invitations; lots of different ways to do so
    seaniesmommie87

Answer by seaniesmommie87 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We belong to playgroups and made friends that way.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would get the child's home phone number and call the parents to invite the child over. Your daughter should be able to handle the "get the phone number" part and you can make the call... or the two of you can. :)
    SBMommies

Answer by SBMommies at 6:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010