was i wrong? adult content

you know, I made a statement in a question, and I guess I did not word it well enough or people to comprehend, and even though I was right, or at least partially right ( considering that I worded poorly) People went ape-shit! I really think that it was a prime example of chaos theory! LOL Anyone ever very surprised by the response to a question or statement? PS I am not willing to argue about the last post!

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• People pointed out that your statement wasn't correct, and no offense, but YOU were kind of the one going apeshit... And once you start calling people names and being belligerent, you can't be too surprised when others do the same to you... It's fine to point out errors/mistakes/whatever, just do it in a respectful manner, that's all.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think that a lack of vocal intonation leads to misconceptions with any question posted here.

Typing and texting are all 2d versions of a conversation and you miss out on what can be implied with changes in vocal pitch and body language.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Anons in general tend to be mean, that's why they post anon, heh. I guess the best advice I have is to just stay calm, no matter WHAT other people say. Truth is, when you lose your cool and get angry, nobody is going to take you seriously anyway, know what I mean? Don't get me wrong, some people on here definitely make me want to hit them in the face with a brick, but I'm trying to be more zen about it, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You should just drop it already an people will to you have said you were wrong leave it there.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think any time you start a question with "are you really that dumb", people automatically get offended. But, yes, I have gotten some really shitty, hate filled answers for innocent questions. I think that is the comfort in anonymity. People feel they have freedom to act in a manner they normally would not.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If you don't want to discuss or "Argue" about it, then why are you making a new post about it? You're clearly looking to try and ground some validation for your post, regardless if it's warrented or not. There's absolutely no point in making a whole new post about something that you want to let go. Proves that you actually don't want to let it go. People will respond to a post however they feel neccissary, regardless if the original poster agrees with it or not. And if you think that people misunderstood then you need to repost clarifying what you meant. Instead saying "I don't want to argue, but you are all wrong." That's immature and counterproductive.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Words can be strong, picking and choosing how to use them is my advice. And as much as we may think we know, we know nothing until we have an open ear to listen to others. Facts you may have, may not always be 100% right, just as I stated before nothing in the world is 100%.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We all are adults here and name calling and sarcasm is not necessary. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the truth is if you can't do it in a positive aspect then you shouldn't comment at all. What sounds silly to you may be something very serious to that person and what you say can possibly hurt more if it is in a degrading manner.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• jademom, GREAT point, and anouck, I se your point but the truth is the person I went ape shit on was a rude and angrywoman, and there is the anon, that posts on EVERYTHING nd is ALWAYS mean and negative about everything! She needs a reality check! Sometime I wonder if it is a wife of a soldier I know, she is sooo like her...lol I try to be kind in all I do, but that woman hits a nerve that just makes me ravenous
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• ahh, jazz, i never said they were wrong, but i did say that i was partially right, and noone could see that, and ther is medical facts to back that up! This is not an opinion! It is a fact, and what made me wrong was the fact that I stated all instead of most....but whatever, I know what i meant and so didalot of eople, so so be it
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010