I have a sore spot on my tummy. It feels like it is being overstreched on one side. Is that possible?

I am 36 weeks along and I do have a small frame. There is one spot on my tummy that is sore to the touch and it feels like it has been over streched or something. Is that even really possible? Is it something to worry about?

its_mrs.valdez

Asked by its_mrs.valdez at 6:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, rub some cocoa butter on the side that hurts. It is nothing to really worry about if it's just the outside but you can get stretch marks if it feels really tight. ( I got them the last month of my pregnancy when using a cheap lotion, I should of stuck to the expencive stuff the whole time.)
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 7:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• it is normal for your belly to have a tight stretching feeling and maybe even some pain b/c all your muscles and ligaments are being stretched. however this does not mean you will have stretch marks. that is hereditary. your skin's capacity to stretch and the marks that come from it are purely genetic. but check with your dr. to make sure everything is ok with the baby
    lilmommy81

Answer by lilmommy81 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Most likely your baby is sitting more to that side. Lotion, lotion lotion to help the discomfort, and taking vitamin e will help combat stretch marks from the inside better than any stretch mark cream. I did it and I have no stretch marks at all, and my mom has tons!
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I have the same thing hun. It's rught on top and I'm pretty sure it's her bottom or heels right there. Like a bump that's bruised or something. I'm using JAFRA's Royal Rose Oil ( there's also lavendar, Almond, and Ginger) after each shower to massage and moisturize - out here it's like 102 still even at 7pm ! And then i go over it with JAFRA's Body Definition Stretch Mark Corrector. I haven't got any new ones, but this helps heal previous scars and prevent ones from forming- working like a prayer !
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 9:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• But I just saw an previous answer- it's more than likely that's where the baby is resting more or postions herself more in that area. Massaging the area will help with moisturizers, like everyone has said. Try an oil or the Royal Jelly Body Complex- a soft cream will moisturize for 24 hours - no joke . Hope it helps- sorry, I tend to blab, kids do that to ya!
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 9:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2008