part 2 of does this seem too forward...what would you say?

okay..so i yes i know i shouldnt have walked out on my other job..i shouldve stayed and put up with all the bs. I don't want to hear what i shouldve done.
I want to hear what would you say to the manager that you are trying to get a job from. Here are the facts:
He approached me
He asked me to come work for him
I have already filled out an app
I have already had an interview with him

I have already called him once (for him to tell me he would call back after speaking with the GM)
I am driving up there after 3 during the down time to speak with him...what would you say?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• There is a very good chance that a guy who recruits servers by eating at other restaurants is a major big league jerk. Just tell him that you "stopped by" to get your schedule. (pay dumb if need be) If he acts all confused and starts giving you excuses ask him why he told you to give your two week notice and demand to speak to the GM immediately. This guy is probably a prime jerk worse than your last boss. You might as well get it over with and start looking for a new job.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well, since you have already quit your other job, you don't really have a whole lot of options left. I just feel like he might not appreciate you showing up unannounced. Maybe you can call him and ask if you could come by to speak to him in person later on? I don't think it would be wrong to remind him that he told you to give notice, and that you're now available to begin immediately... Just do it in a nice and non-accusatory way...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• given how this has all gone down, I wouldn't care if he appreciated me showing up unannounced. You can always say you were in the area and wanted to stop in and check to make sure you hadn't missed his phone call.

However, I would really be asking to speak directly with the GM. Explain the situation. Hopefully things will work out fo you. i would be annoyed.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• anouk..i feel the same way..my MIL and my DH are both pushing me to do otherwise. They are saying i need to go and be forward and not let them jerk me around
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i like the play dumb idea..thanks
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010