Easy and good pizza crust recipe?

I make a great sauce, but I have yet to make a good crust, and I don't want to buy premade crusts...

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
    1 tablespoon white sugar 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
    3 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
    2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese (optional)
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    Directions
    Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil and the salt. Add Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese (one or all) if using. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
    Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil. If desired sprinkle basil on crust. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I once was at my favorite pizza place. A lady walked in and asked to buy pizza crust. They sold it to her like it was a common thing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I've only tested one so far and it was bland. Still looking. But I gave you a bump!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well I never make pizza crusts I just use pita bread and make mini pizzas. It's quick and easy and if you like thin crust a great alternative. Other then that I believe I made my own crust once and it was from the betty crocker cook book. I don't have the cookbook anymore but here's an online recipe that's probably the same (or very similar).
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/whole-wheat-pizza-dough/706c6b8a-a85e-42ad-8b5f-bc9bcc294d07
    I don't remember it being difficult but it wasn't overly quick.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 5:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010