I'm actually really curious to see...

if parents would actually not allow their children or even themselves come in contact with someone with HIV/AIDS. For instance the Ryan White situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• First of all....He was from a town not that far from where I grew up at my my mother attended many of those rallies (to allow him BACK at school, not keeping him out lol) She works as a mental institution as a nurse and is around it alot. She tought us from an early age about the disease and how to avoid it/how you can and cannot contract it/ect...
    Second of all, I would definitely be more cautious around a child with HIV/AIDS. My children fall and scrape themselves and get hurt and what not all the time. I would be careful but would do it discreetly. Just be more cautious like carry gloves in the first aid kit and such and make sure I used them EVERYTIME not just on him/her. But then again, people don't have to tell you if they are infected so I should prolly do that anyway :( But no, I do know people with HIV and I've never acted different around them.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 2:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I dont think i would keep my son away from someone who had HIV /AiDS. I think if either of them had an open wound I'd be more careful, but that's' about it.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• what is the actual question?
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't stay away from people living with HIV/AIDS and I would not keep my child away from a child living with HIV/AIDS.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• how would you know the child was HIV+? its not like they all wear signs, my daughter doesn't wear a I have aspergers sign and believe me people can be pretty rude about that....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010