why is it ok for that guy that was fired from PBS to be a racist ? Now fox news offered him amilliom dollers job .

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• FOX "news" likes racists, bigots and extremists, PBS doesn't....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• How was what he said RACIST? I thought Muslims came in ALL colors.

Good grief, people really need to learn the meaning of the word. Every time it is used the wrong way it lessens what it really stands for.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He wasn't racist and he wasn't fired by PBS.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I never thought I would see the day when a bunch of conservatives would have to defend a liberal from a bunch of back stabbing liberals.

Williams said what most people feel after 9/11. There was not a thing wrong or racist about what he said. I don't agree with much of what Williams says, but I sure do not want to censer him. I believe in the first amendment=freedom of speech.

He goes on Fox News to counter what republicans say. It is one of the reason why Fox is fair and balanced, they bring on many liberals so people get both sides.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Okay---he wasn't RACIST. He was just chatting inappropriately , stereotyping people and voicing his own fears. Happy now?

No, I am not happy, you racist criers want to leave out the fact that he also stated that there were a lot good muslims.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• And they offered him 2 million...

UpSheRises

• How was what he said RACIST? I thought Muslims came in ALL colors. Good grief, people really need to learn the meaning of the word. Every time it is used the wrong way it lessens what it really stands for. Answer by yourspecialkid

YSK, they do come in all colors.  It just doesn't suit their agenda against Williams to acknowledge that fact though. 

It's been more than two years since O came on the scene and they still don't understand the meaning of the word racist.  If it lives and breathes and doesn't agree with Obama then it's a racist in their minds.   

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He isn't a racist he is a very moderate liberal. He is being smeared with Soros money.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He was only saying what millions of others think but are too afraid to say because of how rediculous we've gotten about being PC.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• .ironically from my local NPR affiliate:

balanced?

Are you joking around?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010