What should I do with a 10 and 3 year old

We are watching our niece overnight tonight and we have a 3 year old son. I want to think of something funner than just TV or movies and we are pretty broke at the moment .. what are fun activities I could do? We will also have her most of Saturday too.. We are going to carve pumpkins we got 2 weeks ago but really that's all I can think of -

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Storytelling, coloring, internet games, kids exercise video (such as sesame street), drawing, collecting leaves and/or rocks. Find a topic interesting to both and research it on the internet to find out more info and great pictures; have an indoor picnic. Hope you have fun!!!
    warmcoffee

Answer by warmcoffee at 2:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Board or card games, making cookies or a cake together, make hot cocoa and lay in the backyard and stargaze together, turn on the radio and dance, (weather permitting) go to the park.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Bake, do her nails. make a scare crow by filling old clothes with leaves and sitting it in a chair,
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We have mani/pedi night here where we do eachother's nails w/ some girlie music going and lots of laughter!! After our mani/pedis we 'dress up' in fun clothes and have a super silly tea party. I let the kids make little sandwiches, bake a cake and decorate it, and then we sit around and have a tea party!
    kymama9901

Answer by kymama9901 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010