Re: Publishing a book, how do I know if its any good?

This is the first romanace novel I'm writing, how do I know if it is any good & am I wasting my time?

wildgirl100

Asked by wildgirl100 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• An agent will tell you. Usually, an agent asks to read the first three chapters. If they want to read more, they'll ask for it. If you can't get anyone to request more than the three chapters, then it's no good.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Have some friends or family read the book for you. Make them promise to be honest...and be sure they're into romance novels before subjecting them to it, lol. Some people just don't like that kind of book. You might look into making yourself an e-book as well.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Money-Selling-Your-Own-eBook

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• personally, i think anything creative isn't a waste of time anyway!! i read a wonderful book years ago called "women who run with the wolves" and it discusses how many of us stop creating, inventing, writing, etc because we don't sell or publish or have an art gallery opening. write away--kudos to you for writing the book, and anything beyond that is gravy!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008