what would you have done?

the more i think about this the more it burns me up!! but i can't do anything about it after the fact. so what would you have done?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/12544897/what_would_you_have_done

gr8estmom26

Asked by gr8estmom26 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know how you held your tongue. You handled things the best way I could think of. If you plan on seeing this friend again only meet her at playgrounds and such. I wouldn't go to her home, because if these are the kinds of things her terror does at someone's home, just immagine what he does at home where he's "comfortable"!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• honestly DM i don't either bc i am a VERY outspoken person!! i don't have a problem telling someone what's on my mind. oh there will NEVER be another play date. this child will stay far FAR away from me and my boys!!! that's exactly what i thought too and were the EXACT words from my husband's mouth when they stepped out the door. "if he did this here can you imagine what he does at home?!"
    gr8estmom26

Comment by gr8estmom26 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well, I would have been stepping in from the get go. I would not have waited for the mom to step in. I make it pretty clear what I allow and don't allow in my house. and if I am going to be up chasing someone else's child around my house while the parent is there, I would have no problem informing them that this has turned out not to be a good day for company.

I would be so embarrassed if my child acted like that. Although, I will say, my daughter is not the best behaved...she would not be swinging a lamp around, that is for sure.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i was embarrassed FOR her! i can't imagine my child acting like that. my son will stomp his foot at me or cross his arms but that's as far as his little tantrum goes.
    gr8estmom26

Comment by gr8estmom26 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I agree the way that u handled things were to the best u could, Now i would not invite them to go out again the bad habits that this kid has could rub off on to other children and that's never good i don't blame you for trying to get them to leave i would have done the same thing!
    Stl_mom_314

Answer by Stl_mom_314 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I wouldn't have stayed silent. That child would've been verbally reprimanded immediately by me. I understand that in most all situations an individual should never diciplin someone else's child, but he was destroying their home. He needed to be spoken to and if the mother wasn't going to do it then I woudl've. Then once I talked to the child I would talk to the mother, because she clearly doesn't diciplin her child. She clearly doesn't care about what the child does, which is a huge red flag to the overall behavior that child will (and clearly has) devleop.Then I would make it known that they weren't welcome to come over until he can learn to behave himself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• "she clearly doesn't diciplin her child. She clearly doesn't care about what the child does, which is a huge red flag to the overall behavior that child will (and clearly has) devleop"

that's exactly what it did and said to me as well. sadly it's not all his fault bc she's let him do it. i dread to see how this child will act in another 2 years
    gr8estmom26

Comment by gr8estmom26 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• well i won't be around to "see" it actually bc that was a first, last and only time i will ever be near that child again
    gr8estmom26

Comment by gr8estmom26 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Oh man, IDK how you even managed not to beat the kid & the mom. thats ridiculous. I would have kicked them out with the quickness. They would NEVER be allowed at my house every again.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010