How do you keep up with your appearance?

How do you keep up with yourself and raise your kids? I find it hard to just do my hair.. so most days I just throw it up in a pony tail. I only have 2 kids ages 1 years 7 months and 4 years 7 months... I want to be able to keep up with fashion and do my hair even if I don't go out much.. It makes me feel prettier doing so.. So any ideas on what you would do to make yourself feel better just for you would be nice to hear!

Nyokah

Asked by Nyokah at 2:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I am 30 lbs over weight and dont' do my hair makeup or dress nice... I feel bad for my husband but I only have 1 child and can't seem to care enough to keep up on it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't "do my hair" (it's short) or wear makeup. I never have, so having a kid changes nothing.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Its def hard...i dont get to dress up often but i try to wear my hair down as often as I can and on the days that i pull it up in a ponytail I make sure to put makeup on. I do try to exercise regularly as well and thathelps me feel good.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 2:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't do my hair or make up either. But I was never into it before kids either.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have always been a jean and t shirt girl. that hasn't changed. I used to wear my hair in braids 12 hours and $200, I don't have time or money for that anymore. So I just keep it short. But I have never been into makeup.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• When my son was little (Birth - 10) . I still worked. Since I had to get up and go to the office everyday. I still had to keep up appearnces..lol.. I had to get up every morning. dress, make up, hair..etc.

When I became a SAHM when my son was 10. It had just become such a habit, that I just kept doing it.. lol To this day, and my son is 18 and gone from home, I still get up/get dressed/do my hair/makeup almost every single day. Whether I'm going out and doing something, or just hanging out at home.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think a great haircut is a must. I spend a lot on a haircut (60) but I keep it up b/c then I don't have to spend a lot of time doing my hair. It only takes me 5-10 mins. in the morning. I recently got bangs cut into my shoulder length hair and I feel so much more fashionable. I also think accessorizing can make otherwise dumpy outfits look great, like a simple colorful scarf from Target or big earrings can make anything look good. Good shoes always help too!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I didn't when my kids were young but now that they're teenagersI have the time to devote to myself.  I'm afraid that is one of the sacrifices we make for our children.  At least it's only temporary lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I get up an hour earlier than my children to get ready. I blow dry my hair, style, make up, etc. But I also go to work, so it's not like I'm lounging around at home, I really don't have an option.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think right now my only motivation is that I have to get up in the morning and go to work. I do try to get my hair cut every so often. I love makeup, I don't wear too much of it, most day I put it on 1X during the day and maybe touch up on my lipstick in the afternoon. When I get home though I am in shorts and a cami with my hair up. The same for the weekend unless I am going somewhere with hubby and the kids.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010