Is it tacky?

Is it tacky to send an email to relatives or make a small one page site listing my sons shoe (he wears an abnormally large size for his age), underwear, and other clothing sizes for Xmas and send it to relatives?

Misteh

Asked by Misteh at 2:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I send out family lists because I can;t stand my family calling me complaining when I tell them my DD doesn't need any toys. So I e-mail and simply say this is what she needs this is the size please NO TOYS!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If people are looking at buying that kind of stuff for you, they'll ask.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If you mean to send a general 'wish list' to everyone.... no I would not send it out. I would only send it to those who ask me for ideas on what to get the child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• IMO, I think it's tacky if that info wasn't requested... Kind of feels like you're asking for things. But usually, if people are planning on buying shoes, clothes, etc, they will ask for the size. You can have a page like that already set up to send to people, but I'd only send it when asked...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Only give it if they ask.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Not if they ask you to. It would be tacky to just randomly send it to people without them having asked for it.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• did they ask what to get him or what size does he wear anytime recently? I wouldn't send it unless I got lots of questions from others. Other wise I would feel like I am asking for gifts or assuming they are getting him stuff.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 2:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I agree with lovinangels. MOST people will ask what size he wears, if they don't know, or provide a gift receipt so that you can exchange the clothes if they don't fit. Yes I do think the idea is tacky. Gifts should never be expected and it kind of makes it sound like they are.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yep only send a response to those that ask.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't just randomly send them a list.. but if they ask then sure.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010