Do you think it's wrong to breed dogs?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 2:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont think its wrong... do i find it silly when there are sooo many unwanted pets out there w/o homes already... yes
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I only feel its wrong if they are irresponsibly about it. LIke those people who will breed their dog back to back instead of every other heat.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 2:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• – collapse
    Hi. I breed beagles with bassett hounds,they r so cute they r called bagels!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I think its wrong for anyone other than a reputable breeder to breed dogs. A breeder has to have the best interest of the breed at heart and do it for the dog. I think its wrong for back yard breeders to breed dogs for money or to make a cute "peekapoo" its a mutt and its contributing to the over population and euthanization of millions of innocent dogs

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Puppy mills, yes I believe that is wrong. Those who know and care about the breed, no.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I believe there should be responsible breeders for every breed, to preserve those breeds. But I don't see any reason for "back yard breeders", or puppy mills. With all the millions of unwanted dogs being euthanized every year, there's just no reason to breed your own pet.... Save a deserving one stuck somewhere in a pound, instead.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• listen onemellowmom I am not a backyard breeder! I know all about how a breeder has to have the best interest of the breed and do it for the dog. Don't go shooting off your mouth at people u know nothing about!!!!
    Anonymous

• anon, i don't think she was talking to you, btu in general.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 3:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• What is btu?? It sounded like she was.
    Anonymous

• hey Anon....if you're so proud why are you answering anonymously? I agree with onemellowmom...mixed breeds are mixed breeds. Why anyone pays the amounts they do for them is beyond me. breeders need to breed to protect the integrity of breeds..not because it's fun or to show their kids the "miracle of life." Be serious about it. It's gotten way outta hand.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010