cute, funny or just plain weird potty training question

we are in the process of potty training our son. he is doing ok.. has #1 pretty much down... #2 needs some work.. my son noticed that our big person potty has water in it.. so he has now insisted that he little potty needs water in it. so after he goes pee pee. he goes to to the bathroom sink fills his potty with just a small amt of water.. so when he needs to go again his potty it is ready for him.. he does this every time... i think its the funniest thing ever.. he said to me.. the potties in the store have water in them too mommy. mine needs water.. my dh thinks our ds is wierd... do u think thats this is funny cute or just plain weird..
THANK U!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• i think that is extremely cute!
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 3:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• and funny
    anxious1stimer

• I always put water in our little potties. IT keeps the poo from sticky and needing to be scrubbed out, ewww. And yes, that was cute.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 3:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• thats adorable!!! maybe he is ready for a potty that attatches to the toilet seat. my dd would never sit on the floor potty so we had to get one that attatched.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• cute and funny.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That is pretty smart of him! I agree with a previous statement, I always put a small amount of water in my girls' potties, it makes clean up a little easier!!
    ProudScoutWife

Answer by ProudScoutWife at 3:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• So cute, and observant!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think it is so cute!!!! And he is very observant and smart! Frankly, when he starts pooping in it , it will be easier to clean!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That's cute!
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 5:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Love it
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010