People can say the crappiest things and think it is okay.

My son is wearing a superman t-shirt to school today, no big deal right. We are waiting for the 12 bell so he can go into preschool and the mother next to me, who has never spoken to me before said. I wouldn't let my child be a walking billboard for such a violent cartoon. I was like what? I didn't really respond, and she looked at my daughter, who had never been with me before (today is a day off for me) and said oh, you like the cartoons don't you (she had mickey mouse crocs on)
In any other setting I would have said something, because I don't usually take crap, but I was caught off guard and my kids were there. Would you have said something or just let it go.

on the way out the mother that I usually talk to, said that she is always like that.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Given the setting I would have let it go. There is no telling how she would have reacted and you don't really want to start a dramatic catty scene in front of preschoolers. HOWEVER, if she continues to make remarks around you, I would definitely speak up and nicely tell her that you don't appreciate her comments. And ask her to keep her negative comments to herself.
    ProudScoutWife

Answer by ProudScoutWife at 3:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• LOL..I would be so mean. I should just stay home.

I would have said, "You think that's violent? He just LOVES Friday the 13th and Halloween movies, but, we can't find a t-shirt his size." "Oh well"
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I had a woman like that comment on my son's T when he was 4. It was an AC/DC one. She said "oh my! i hope you don't actually let him listen to that garbage! Wearing the shirt is bad enough!" I told her "sure do! He loves all the good music! He likes Ozzy too!" She just turned her nose up at me and walked away.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• OOOHHH man thats a toughy! Im kind of a bitch and hate when people think its there place to judge me or my kids. If my kids were right next to me I would have just said "Yep, we love the cartoons. We also love people that mind their own business." If kids werent around I would of had a lot more to say!!! I hate how people think its their place to open their damn mouths. My son has been wearing cartoon characters since the day he was born and didnt start watching them until he was 2. Don't let it get to you, I know it did though. Brush it off as shes jealous ;) Hope you have a better day Monday!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Wow...her kid is probably a little sissy. If she think superman is violent, that child will probably be watching Baby Einstein until they are 20.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Wow. She doesn't get out much does she?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• what? superman is violent??? I would have had a hard time not saying something smart like "we know him personally, would you like me to see if he can come and remove the stick up your ass"
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would have pointed to my "Bitch on board" bumper sticker, raised an eyebrow at her and asked, "I'm sorry, would you mind repeating that so I can hear you?" If she was dumb enough to repeat it... THAT would be a mistake, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Wow, my son loves superman and hes not even 3 yet. I would have just said, "How about you worry about your children and Ill worry about mine" and just walked away. ONLY because it was on school grounds with children around.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i would of just laughed my ass silly so that she would look like a dumb ass saying a statement like that. i'm sure she is the few and in between that has an issue with superman.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010