What do you consider an OPEN RELATIONSHIP?

Is it that you can date other people? Ot that you can have sex with other people? I am total confused.

moviestartaal

Asked by moviestartaal at 1:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Everybody has their own definition on this. It usually means that you are free to sleep with other people, but most couples in open relationships still have rules/boundaries/etc about this. It's definitely not for me, we are each other's one and only.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• YUCK! I don't see how any good could come from something like that, but to each their own. I think it means you can do whatever you want with whoever you want.
    Anonymous

• Each couple defines that themselves according to their level of comfort.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 1:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I agree, open means open...but, I couldn't handle that. With sex comes all kind of feelings and confusions...Yikes.
    lildevil_mama

Answer by lildevil_mama at 1:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• NO WAY!
    mommyoftwo81408

Answer by mommyoftwo81408 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My husband and I have a open relationship. What that means for us is that we do not want to get emotionally involved with any one else, and no we do not date other people either. It's a sexual relationship and with that there are rules. We don't just sleep with whoever. We only meet with other couples and we get to know them a bit and make sure everyone is comfortable. After that is established then we have a sexual relationship. We just don't seperate and go out to bars and find whoever. It is something we only do with the other person knowing.
    Anonymous

• As others have stated...Every couple defines open relationships to different comfort levels. Everyone sets their own ground rules. From what I have seen it never ever works. But people still try to see if they can do it...

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• it works for my husband and I. We have been married for 7 years and have had no problems.
    Anonymous

• A REALLY BAD IDEA.
    Anonymous

• take your pic either one or both works if you want them too. although if he is the one asking for one then he is not 100% satisfied with you if you ask me. thank god my hubby is 100% he is satisfied with the woman he chose.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008