To potty train or wait?

My dd is 17 months old and loves to take her diaper off and sit on the potty. Some times she goes and some times she doesnt. She has told us a few times when she has had to go and sat down and went pee. So my problem is she is only 17 months and we were going to try and wait till she was around 2 before we started. Starting now is not a problem I just dont want her to lose interest if I start to push her. I dont mind letting her run around with no diaper on but I dont want her peeing all over the place. Also she is not dry when she wakes up from bedtimes. So if this where your child would you start to train her for good or let is wait?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go with it! If she is showing interest in it now then I would let her continue in what shes doing. Just work with her, and get her trained during the day, then work on nighttime training.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Wait, too young
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i would deff go with it, i found it good if u reward her everytime she goes, she will want to go more often, with maybe one of her fav foods, drinks or something she enjoys. good luck
    Dixiedarlin8107

Answer by Dixiedarlin8107 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It might be easier to do it now, when she has interest rather then later.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 4:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Go ahead with it, while she's interested. She may loose interest, and wait a while on her own. this is normal. It's also normal for her to potty train at this age. All children go at a different rate. Don't get upset if she does lose interest, just wait for it to come back again. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing.So we started and know she don't tell us like she did.i don't no if she felt like we were pushing her or what she will be 2 in feb.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would wait my 2 yr old used to do the same thing, now she won't sit on the potty for anything, she acts like its the end of the world when we try to get her to sit on the potty. We started her at 18 months and she peed on the potty 3x within 2weeks but now she wont even use the potty and she turned 2 on sept 26th. Your the mom you know whats best.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010