Are there any shops for single mothers on a budget?

Please help, recently became single and now I'm due to give birth to my third child in approx. 3 months and I'm not at all ready. You name it I just might need it. I think I'm losing it, appreciative of any ideas or information.

2.1more

Asked by 2.1more at 3:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• shops for what.. for baby stuff... clothes.. food?
    We really love consignment shops... there are a ton around here and we get alot of our kids stuff there, because they outgrow it so fast.. and sometimes we dont even pay because we trade our own stuff in. They dont take anything thats soiled or worn, so all the stuff is practically brand new. That helps us alot. Also, try Craigslist.com, or your local newspapers classifieds.. you can post a "wanted, baby stuff" ad and sometimes you can find things for free.. last but not least there are a few groups on here where moms give away free kid stuff if you are willing to pay shipping...
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am a huge fan of Thrift stores! We have several here, and they usually have sale days where stuff is a certain amount off. One even puts colored tags of their stuff and each week 2 colors are half off and on Mondays, one color is only fifty cents!!!!!
    Also I suggest yard sales, and flea markets. Have you tried looking for Freecycle or even a Cheapcycle in your area. They are Yahoo groups. Also Craigslist for your area. They have everything there too.
    Good luck.
    scrapbug

Answer by scrapbug at 7:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Craigslist is a great place for used baby stuff. People are always trying to get rid of everything from pack-n-plays to clothes. Also look online for consignment baby stores. There should be one around your area. You can never go wrong with Goodwill or garage sales as well. Good luck!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 8:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The best thing for me was people who had baby stuff they weren't using, even if you can only borrow it. Just be creative! Shop the sales at place like target (if you have one!) They have great clothes that go on really good sales.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008