How long will a 23-week old unborn child live without amniotic fluid?

My anmiotic fluid has slowly leaked for the past 3 weeks, and there is currently none left. Doctors say that we can't do anything until either his heart stops or labor begins. Until I start labor, how long can he survive without the fluid? ANY information on how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i don't know think yu should be t the hospital and somebdy monitoring your baby
    shantee32

Answer by shantee32 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I would assume that they would just go ahead and induce labor at that point..

Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 9:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• and you should be monitored...

Not to mention that your body continually makes the fluid.. so its not like its completely going to drain out unless its gushing out of you.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 9:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• drink more water distilled it helps keep a bit of the fluid up
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• amniotic fluid replinishes itself so drink drink drink drink and stay off your feet. good luck honey.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• your body will never run out of amniotic fluid. the dry birth myth is an old wives tale. however if you are losing amniotic fluid you should be in the hospital to be monitored b/c your biggest risk now is infection and that's where the dry birth myth came from b/c it is very painful to have a baby vaginally when you have an infection down there. back in the day they thought that that it was a dry birth when in actuality it was an infection.
    lilmommy81

Answer by lilmommy81 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• drink drink drink a lot of distilled water and other fluids keep drinking
    Anonymous

• wait when my child had low fliud they gave me more the put cold water inside me not sure if was water for her in the sac i remember it being cold because she JUmped a huge jump when they did i would get another doctor or go to the er
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I agree. Dirnk sweety. I am sorry you are having to go through this. I would definetly talk to my doctor or any doctor who will listen about being in a hospital.
    kandleluv

Answer by kandleluv at 12:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• please wathch for infection and like everyon eelse is saying DRINK DRINK DRINK!!
    leosmom75

Answer by leosmom75 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2008