How do I get my little boy out of my bed?

My son is three years old and he has been sleeping in my bed ever since he was born. It wasn't too bad when he was younger but he is a pretty tall kid so with him, my husband, my self and our dog... guess who sleeps with half of her body hanging of the bed? I am open to any and all suggestions on how to get him out of my bed and into his own. He has his own room with his own bed and I just don't get it!!!!!

cici190

Asked by cici190 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what i did was got him his own bed and made it a BIG deal about how cool it was he got a new bed and new spongbob sheet and things to get him excited about his bed and even let him jump on it for a while (its a toddler bed) and i told him no more in mommys bed and i had to put a TV in his room for a while till he got used to falling asleep on his own. Also they say if the room is too far away or if they are scared just put the mattress down by your bed and start from there and every night move it a little more every night. i also layed down with my son till he feel asleep then left until he got used to it and i could just give him a kiss and leave. it takes time just stick in there and keep going once you start dont stop!! good luck i hope this helps!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 1:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My son was in our room until he turned 3 too. We got him a racecar toddler bed. He loves it! He shares a room with my daughter, so they have a TV. He loves going in his racecar bed at night and watching TV. Maybe let him pick out special character sheets?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Goodness, i would LOVE to know! My son is 3 also, and won't sleep without me!!c
    jasonsmommy05

Answer by jasonsmommy05 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008