Nervous, after pap? 1st time mom...

So I had my 1st appointment yesterday. It was a teaching hospital and I made the stupid decision to let a student do my pap. On top of that he was a guy, and it hurt more than any other pap. I had a small clot after that, but the doctor said that my cerix was firmly shut, and unless I passed another clot not to worry. Well, I haven't, but I stopped spotting a few hours after the appointment. But I just spotted again?? Is this normal? I don't usually spot much if any at all after paps, so this has me nervous. I feel a little crampy, but I think that's because I have to go to the bathroom, and I haven't drank enough water yet. (doing that now.)

mrseum

Asked by mrseum at 1:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I spotted during my 2nd pregnancy and the doctor "yelled" at me for not bringing it up sooner than I did. (I waited til my next appt). I had placenta previa. I don't think spotting after a pap is normal during pregnancy. Keep an eye on it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Have you had a pap? I know that sounds silly. After a pap I'm always given a pad and told I may spot for a little while. I think I heard her say it should end in a few days. I'm just worried because usually it's only for an hour or so afterwards,and then I'm done.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 1:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I just spotted for a few hours the day that i had it... and that was it... it is normal to spot... you might want to call your doctor since you have had more, just to be safe.
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 1:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yeah they told me id spot too and it was normal
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 2:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008