am i the only one with the problem with the mirena iud?

I've felt pregnant since I got the IUD! I've had it since February and I always feel pregnant, constantly experience pregnancy symptoms but I'm definitely not pregnant and I've had my IUD checked and it's in place.

Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• I bleed 23/30 days on that stupid thing!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope. Mine's been a breeze. Mild cramps for about 2 weeks after they put it in. How long have you had it? It can take some time for your body to adjust to the hormones, even though it's a low dose. I would imagine if you feel like this for more than a couple of months you might want to consider switching to a non-hormonal IUD.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 4:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, i love mine. You could be creating pregancy symptoms in your mind. Maybe just having a device in your uterus is making your head act as if it's preggo.

Lots of people have had problems with it. But, i certainly love it. Getting another one as soon as this one comes out!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I had it the first time I got pregnant, the doctor I had at the time, did not place it in right , lol Well I blessed with a baby girl, she is now 20 months old :) But I know a few of my friends that have it, and have the same problem as you. There boobs always hurt, they always tell me they feel pregnant.
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 4:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Your not the only one. I was on merina for 10 months and gained 30lbs on it and sometimes felt i was prego too because of false flutters. I had mine checked too and was never pregnant. I hated my merina, I had mine taken out october 18th and it was the best decision I ever made (my lil sister said it was a stupid decision to have it taken out, she is on merina since jan 2008) and Ive lost 3lbs already.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Love mine. I cramped for about 20 min after it was placed, then spotted for about 10 weeks afterwards which my dr. told me I would. After that, I haven't had a period since, or any problems or side effects. That was in 2007. It's almost time for mine to come out, at which time I will be placing another one!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• had mine in for about a year, got a cyst that burst(oww) and then unexplained pelvic pain, and finally had them take it out.. the pain stopped but I haven't been able to get pregnant since, that was two yrs ago..wow..didn't realize it was that long ago.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010