Would you really ?

If someone gave you something ( straight out said that they want you to have it) ... and you have had it for close to a year, and use it pretty much everyday, then all of a sudden because that person becomes upset and says they want it back....

Does that mean it is still theirs to take back?

Is it worth having the drama ( from a person you never see, but merly only talk to online once in awhile) ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• once someone give you something, its yours.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• way too vague

in a court of law there's have to be proof of ownership or transfer of said ownership

If we're talking about something mundane like a pen, then I'd just go buy my own and they can have the silly thing.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• just give it back and consider her an indian giver
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 4:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Not worth it. You gave it to me its mine. If I dont talk to them anyway Im not worried about upsetting the friendship.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It sounds like the person who gave it to you is being childish. She gives you something then what? She gets mad at you and asks for it back? My opinion is if someone gives you something then it is yours. You shouldn't have to be worried that they will take it back. But if it happened to me I would just give it back, it wouldn't be worth it to me. And depending on the situation I may just end the friendship. But it would depend on the actual situation.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If someone gives you a gift, it's yours. If they don't like that it's yours now, they shouldn't have given it to you in the first place.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• its one of the reasons I don't like receiving things from people. Rather just get things for myself. Less potential problems.
    Anonymous

• if you can get away from that person; they sound toxic
    justajess

Answer by justajess at 7:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You dont have any reason to give it back it was given to you as a gift. Especially if you like it and it means something to you. Tell her its yours now and she will have to deal with it. You dont see her that much anyway.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I agree with the others, and I would likely give it back and end the friendship!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2010