How close to having the kittens will the momma cats nipples get big?

And, is it likely that a cat will get preggo ANY time of the year? Or just typical mating time?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pets

• If her nipples are getting bigger, time may be soon.. As for "mating" it is every few months.. Get her fixed ASAP or you will have a ton more cats on your hands.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• She's not mine. She lives in our neighborhood, and shes and outside cat:( She used to have a collar, with her name and addy, but it's gone. So we think maybe they took it and left her. We feed her, she's the sweetest cat. She used to be much skinnier. There are other neighbors that feed her, too, but she eats just as much here, a bit more, then she used to, and she's gotten fatter. But, just in her belly. So...I'm thinking she may be with kittens. I'm worried cause it's getting really cold out at night. I can't bring her in, she's an outside kitty, she won't like it inside. And we have cats and a dog. I'm going to put a kennel out anyway, under our porch, with towels and a blanket over it to give it protection from rain. But, kittens? Outside in the winter? IDK how they can make it.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• aww how thoughtful of u
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2010