OMG - I am one of THOSE moms!!!!

My daughter is going to a party tonight and I just realized I didnt ask any questions. A friend called and started asking me details and I had no answers. I felt like a complete ASS. How could I have told her yes with no information.... or so little information. I have a text to her to come home prepaired to give phone numbers and names. But I guess I have been so busy with the homework, sports, house, etc... I kind of brushed her off with a yes before I got the details.

God I hate parenting a teenager... I it is constant more than a 2 yr old... at least a two yr old naps and goes to bed early

oh a question... am I the only mom who fs up like this????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• no you are not the only one...I have made my fair shares of F-ups....it is hard!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 5:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My parents never asked me questions when I left the home or disappeared for days on end. But then again my parents wouldn't have cared if I ever returned.
    Sometimes it happens you get caught up and you trust your child enough to stay out of trouble so he doesnt cross your mind.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I agree that sometimes you just get caught up with life. I have 2 teenagers at home, plus another 2 pre-teens and 1 baby, it's hard to keep up with everyone and everything they have going on. Don't be too hard on yourself. You caught it an that's what matters. I had a moment that I agreed to let me oldest son go to his friends house to spend the night, I tried to give him some accountability for making his own plans so i trusted he had worked up all the details. When I dropped him off at his friends house the mom had no clue my son was staying the night, I looked like a complete a**, I told my son first and last time you make plans without me getting involved...it happens!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Parenting a teen is very hard work! We have to balance the line between allowing them enough freedom so they can be prepared to go off in the world on their own to still monitoring their every move and making sure they don't hurt themselves or someone else. It is extremely stressful at times, all I know is I'm doing the best that I possibly can and I hope that is enough:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It is hard and scary! Nope, you are not the only one, I think we all have those times.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No your not the only one that has done this
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 8:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I couldn't imagine doing this, however my DD is only 3 so never say never right? Don't beat yourself up though. It could happen to any of us.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i trust my to a point and no your not the only one to f....up......my went to the corn maze just last night and i forgot to ask who she was going with and and few other details......luckly for me she has a cell phone so i just called her up and ask for the info........we all have buzy lives and sometimes things slip thur the cracks, you have to trust that you have taught them well and let them make some mistakes in life........
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Well no I don't think you are the only one that has done this I personally have NEVER done that because I have a rule in my house that I have to know where, when, who, how she is getting there, who is driving, and so forth. When she turns sixteen I will start training her to take on responsibilities less questions but still i want to know where, how, who....
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 1:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't know a parent out there who doesn't slip up in one way or another now and then! It means you're human.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010