how can i get another u/s out of my ob dr.?

Ok, so I have Medicaid and I have had one u/s done to confirm pregnancy (that's one pic) and one u/s at 18 weeks for profile. The tech said hes pretty sure its a girl but all i got was a pic of her sucking her thumb. No pic of "its a girl" or anything. So I asked when the next u/s will be and Dr said there wont be one unless I " cause any trouble". So my question is, how do I get that sex determination u/s and pic out of my Dr. Without making something up that warrants the u/s? I don't wanna say womething is wrong when it isnt and jinx myself. Thanks a lot ladies.

burtangermom4

Asked by burtangermom4 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There is no way. You are on Medicaid and Medicaid normally only covers 2 ultrasounds now. Pay for your own ultrasound.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The only way is to go to one of those "Just For Fun" ultrasound places and pay out of pocket. I had to do that with baby #2 b/c she was being a brat and wouldn't show us her lady parts. We used Womb With A View. I believe they are national. It cost about $250 I believe.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• pay for it yourself. it should be $200- $400.
    not knowing the sex of your baby can be a wonderful surprise!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Pay for it. Don't try to fraud the system.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Look for an ulktrsound tech school and go there. It's free.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• *ultrasound
    DeegansMomma08

• That happened to me with my second. Two ultrasounds only with Medicaid. My baby was a surprise "It's a boy!" But as the others have said, you can pay out of pocket for one somewhere else if you're determined to know the sex.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• same thing happend to me... with second pregnancy they did an ultra sound at 7 weeks to confirm! But for 20 weeks ultrasound my dr told me my insurance wouldnt cover it but with my 1st i had a different ob and i had no problem getting ultra sounds even with my insurance! So instead of saying something was wrong I just switched back to my old ob at 28 wks the ob i was familiar with! Right away she gave me a sono and I found out I was having another girl! I was happy to be with my ob i was familiar with and I was happy with her the rest of the time!

johnandtabby

Answer by johnandtabby at 8:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I went to a place in Ca that was 100 for 3d and some less amount for 2d. Call around you may find a good deal. If your on medicaid I am guessing you don't have an extra $200-$400. Ask for 2d rates because they are u sally less. Let the grandmas know what you are doing they may decide they want to know too and help pay.
    hadassah1582

Answer by hadassah1582 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• wow really?? only 2??? well i got one when i found out and one at last week, just to see that the baby is moving :) and im on medicade, and of course when i was preggo with my first a few years back i got like 5-6 with 3D, thats interesting.. I am not sure when i will have another
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 3:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010