How long does the cybershot battery last?

I have a cybershot W290 digital camera that I got for my birthday this year February and I believe my camera's battery is dying to fast. If any of you have a cybershot approximately how long does your battery life last when not taking pictures vs taking pictures constantly? Do you know if this is a warranty part? Thanks in advance for your replies!

bz-mom

Asked by bz-mom at 5:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My Cybershot is quite old (got it in 2003) but the battery still lasts me a long time. It does however drain faster if I take a lot of pictures that require the flash or night shot.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sorry I cant edit my question. But I wanted to add why I asked. Last friday Oct. 15th I charged it know I was going to a pumkin patch on Saturday. Well we did go to the pumpkin patch but I only took 1 picture cuz DH had his camera. I didnt use it any more till about 3 days ago and I only took about 6pictures. and today the battery began flashing and shut off on me. Is this right should I be already prompt to recharge when I really have not used it much?
    bz-mom

Comment by bz-mom (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have a Cybershot W330 with an NP-BN1 rechargeable battery. Got the camera, battery, and back-up battery at the same time in April 2010. My batteries stay charged for quite a while. Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch with DD's preschool and I took quite a few pictures. My battery is still showing up as fully charged. Tomorrow we are going to a Halloween thing at an amusement park where I plan to take TONS of pictures...I will take both batteries, but I do not believe I will need to use the back-up battery. In fact, I'm figuring I'll have enough life on the one I use tomorrow to take all the pictures expected at the Halloween thing at the zoo on Sunday.

Sounds to me like you need a new battery. Not sure of the warranty on them...maybe call up Radio Shack...?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• OH...I don't know if this might make a difference, but when I originally got my camera, the instructions told me that if I left the battery in the charger for an hour after the light went off (the one that indicates battery is charged), it will actually charge it more and, therefore, last longer. If you haven't tried that, maybe do so...it might make a difference.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Thanks AllAboutKeeley I will try that!
    bz-mom

Comment by bz-mom (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2010