points and levels question

why in the world does it matter how many points or what level your on , i remember a long time ago when they first brought out the answers section there was no points and levels . there was just ask and get answers.. yeah some answers were just assanine but others were good. so again i ask ..... why are you worried about points and levels, they still don't make you who you are, only YOU can do that.

pinkrayn

Asked by pinkrayn at 5:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I do not think that many of those who are regular participants in "Answers" really care about the points/credits/levels.. They just like and enjoy the answers section. Their points and levels just build up due to participation, not because they are actively trying to do so.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That's true. I'm not sure, I think a lot of people get exciting over leveling up. Take Farmville for example on Facebook. We gain nothing, yet people are OBSSESSED with it. But I do agree with you, there isn't any sense in trying to be the top level or whatever, lol. :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 6:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think it does bring out more people to just ask and answer questions
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't get it either.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I just enjoyed talking to mom....
    didine995

Answer by didine995 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• They are for fun, really. CM thought it would eliminate a lot of the cattiness and meanness by making us work toward certain "priveledges" and "awards".
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010