I am about ready to explode

Ok so dh changed jobs a couple of months ago and with the job change came a new health insurance company. So far we haven't used it, though we did sign up dh, myself and our 2 kids during open enrollment which is now closed. So a few days ago ds was really sick with a cough, sore throat, etc and my mom took him to a dr that said they took the insurance. My mom didn't have the insurance card because they only sent one to dh and he was several miles away at work. So my mom put it on her credit card and the dr told her she could come back with a copy of the insurance card. Ds also had a couple of Rx. I gave a copy of the card to my mom and when she went to give it to the dr and pharmacy, they said ds wasn't covered, only dh. They called the insurance and the insurance claims Dh's work didn't send stuff in. Dh spoke to HR and its a big ol mess. Right here in flu season, no insurance! Did I mention I may be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• UGH! Insurance comanies are a big pain in the butt. It's only gonna get worse w/ Obama care now. Ours is making some major changes that will cost us more. (It's gone up every year, but this year the changes are significant) Hopefully you can get is straightened out ASAP! Good luck.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I am so sorry! I hope things get sorted out for you soon!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, I hate dealing with insurance. I'm thrilled to have coverage but I have been through so much trying to get claims paid, find doctors, then find out almost no one in the immediate vicinity is in network. It's enough to make your hair fall out. At least it is for me. I hope you get it all straightened out soon.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Oh how I can empathize! When I had my son, I had him put on DH's insurance, because I was planning to quit my job to become a SAHM (didn't work out that way). It comes down to his third well check since birth and I find out that he's not covered by insurance at all. I was so pissed. It turned out that DH's insurance required more steps to get anyone enrolled and he hadn't followed through (he didn't know) and therefore the opportunity was lost. Had I enrolled him in my insurance, it would have been done in one simple step and he would have been covered.

I had to pay for all his appointments out of pocket for the rest of the year. It sucked. The worse was when he came down w/ RSV and his prescription was over $200. But I called his pedi and asked if they had something cheaper, and they gave me samples of it instead. Whew!

Now is your DS only not covered for the remainder of 2010 or is he not covered for 2011 either?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• girl im praying for you :)
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 9:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• All I can say is that you need to fix the insurance problem as soon as possible, especially since you may be pregnant. Health care if going to be harder to get once the Health Care Reform goes into effect. I hope everything works out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Sounds like someone in his HR department screwed up big time. He needs to keep asking them about it until it's fixed. Hopefully, you kept a copy of the paperwork he filled out.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Your husband needs to phone the benefits administrator

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010