Can't tell if the meat is cooked

I bought taco flavored ground turkey and the meat is colored redish,I've been cooking it for about a half hour.There's part of the meat that have gotten charred from my frying pan on one side.The directions says cook 3-5 mins but cooking times may vary,I suspect that to be for high altidtudes.But what is the worst thing that can happen to me if I eat this if it's not cooked all the way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would say stomach ache and possibly the runs. But it you have done it for 1/2 hr I believe you may be done!
    bz-mom

Answer by bz-mom at 5:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It should definitely be cooked by now.

But it does not sound good-- ground turkey with taco seasoning.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If you've cooked it for a half hour, the chances that it hasn't reached 180 degrees are awfully slim!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• half an hour.....it's waaaaay done lol. the worst thing that could happen is you get food poisioning, but 1/2 a hour is about 20 min. past that point lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Not to worry, it's cooked. The red is not from the meat being undercooked. I suspect it's from the seasonings. It will not make you sick. You've cooked it much longer than necessary.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010