Is it wrong to be a "sexy mom" or do you look down on women who are? adult content

I see so many Mothers striving to be beautiful, or sexy. And its not just in how they dress. But theres also so many other Mothers who think that once you are a mother, you shouldnt try to be sexy or dress with form fitting/flattering clothes. Do you think its just jealousy? Or do you believe that once you have children your sexy days are over? I know there is a time and place for everything, so I understand people dont want to see you drop your child off in booty shorts and a hot top, but say she is going out on the town for a night.. Would it be wrong to dress up in a little dress, some heels and do your hair and makeup? What do you ladies think about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I always try to look my best-it makes me feel better about myself and I always want to look my best for my husband. When we go out for a nice night, I love to wear heels, boots and sometimes a nice dress, Looking sexy does not mean looking trashy there is a BIG difference and I have never wanted to look trashy.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It really depends on the clothes, There is "sexy classy" and then "sexy slutty"! It's absolutely fine to dress nice and care about your appearance, but to wear a mini skirt, high heels and a tube top? ick
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nothing wrong with a mom wanting to feel like a woman too. I agree with mom2jack04, there is a difference between sexy and slutty. Sexy says you are a strong, confident, beautiful woman, and slutty says you are desperate bimbo trying to attract the wrong kind of attention.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with trying to look a little sexy. Of course not prostitute style dressing, but theres nothing wrong with trying to look good. Who say's once you have kids you can't look good. And really....who cares what everyone else thinks?
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 5:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i think if your not flaunting your body just for the attention it's not horrid, but if your going out just for the attention... your going to get attention that's for sure, but probably not good example type attention you want your children to follow

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 5:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My honest view.

"Sexy" is very individual..

Some find provocative clothing to be sexy.
    Some do not find it sexy.

Sexy to me.. Does not come from one's clothing choices. It comes from within the woman herself. A woman who knows,accepts, is comfortable with and understands her own sexiness/her own sexuality.. Is a sexy woman no matter what clothes she is wearing.. Clothes do not make a woman sexy. It's the woman herself who is sexy or not.

I did not, and do not to this day (at 48 w/ an adult child) think that I lost my sexy when I became a mother. Or that I was supposed to. If anything. It made me sexier. My body became sexier. How I view myself increased my sexiness. My comfort level in my own skin increased my sexiness. My acceptance of my own personal unique sexiness/sexuality increased my sexiness.. It's safe to say. My sexiness has continued to increase over the years. Not decrease.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• As long as your aren't going to the PTA meeting dressed for a night on the town- then I say flaunt it sister!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• All women have a different idea of what sexy is, just as all men do. To some, the look of a Librarian is sexy. While others think sexy can only mean a stripper. To me, it's how I feel. I do not believe that anything trashy is sexy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm a GRANDMOTHER and strive to look my best when I'm with others. I dress appropriately for the event but try to show that I'm still a sexual being. Of course when I'm at home with SO I dress like a hoochie for him and he rewards me accordingly. Woo Hoo!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm all for the mini and high heels. Go for it, you will feel better, all the others are just being jello.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 5:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010