What can I do to get through the weekend?

Ive had a cold for about a week and now (the cold was slowly going away) suddenly I came down with a sore throat. Any ideas to help me survive this busy weekend without feeling so crappy? I hate dayquil and stuff like that becuase it makes me feel worse. :(

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 5:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• Good advice.......

They also say NOT to swallow ANY post nasal drip.... spit as much of that phlegm out as you can or it can settle in your lungs and cause bronchitis, as well as a pneumonia.

Warm honey and lemon mixture is good, you dont always need the whiskey in it.

I use a warm salt water gargle an even swallow SOME of it.....to soothe my throat.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Your throat is sore because your nose is stuffy and you have a nasal drip down the back of your throat. Next you will start coughing. Stop that runny nose!!!
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Gargle with salt water and drink hot tea with honey. Take major Vitamin C pills.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Have you tried Ginger Tea? Mix ginger with hot water and drink that. It helps to ward off a cold, but also helps to decrease the length of a cold. Also, you can steam yourself up in the bathroom. I also put some Vicks in the sink, run the hot water and breath in the fumes. Just rest and drink plenty of fluids.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Hot toddy!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My favorite for a sore throat is lemon and honey. If you like hot tea you can put the lemon and honey in tea. However I just boil water and put lemon and honey its kinda like a hot lemonade.
    devlinCEO

Answer by devlinCEO at 6:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Organic Peppermint Tea is always good for what ails you. Feel better.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• keep covered up and socks on and try either boiling an orange cut in half with peel and all and add honey to sweeten and sip while warm .. i got sick thru my whold pregnancy and thats what i did and it helped . really it did for me .. dont take off the peel cuz thats where all the good stuff is at
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Hot tea w/ honey & cinnamon, along with cough drops.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I started the cough about 2 days ago, i just cannot stand a sore scratchy throat. Im really hoping im not getting strep because its been going around and I just helped out at the school yesterday! I just want to be healthy! LOL
    MamaSpurg

Comment by MamaSpurg (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010