Good behavior incentive?

Hey! My daughter is 6 and she's still at that age where she likes doing messy, silly things. She is obsessed with the idea of "pieing" someone (seeing the "adults" play with cake at a wedding = obsession now, lol). Do you think it would be good to let her throw a pie in my face as a kind of behavior incentive? She would just find it hilarious to see mom get messy I think :)

Any idea what type of pie to use (I was thinking we could make it together because she likes cooking/baking too!) and if it will come out of clothes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have issues with wasting food so I figured I would offer an alternative. Let her "clean" a surface of the house with shaving cream.. let her get it all in her hands and smoosh it all over the surface and then let her wipe it up..
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Uhm I personally would not allow my 6 year old daughter to throw a pie in my face as a reward for good behavior, but that's just me. I can tell you that my 9 year old is good behavior challenged, this is a problem area, he's a good kid but he's a clown and it ends up getting him in trouble at school. We did weekly incentives, if he got "smiley" faces or good reports for behavior for the week he was allowed to go to the store and buy a new bokugan toy (about $4.00), if he received one sad face during the week the deal was off for the whole week. Because we continue to have issues with him and his sillyness in class and now that he's a little older he likes to save money so we give him .50 cents a day for good behavior, bad behavior takes .50 cents away. Is there anything special your daughter would like to save up for? Good luck, I've been in your shoes with my 9 year old, 3 years later we still work through it!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• LOL This is a first for me. Love the idea you will let your child throw a pie in your face. Not to many moms would do that. I don't think that is something I would think of doing on my own but if I was asked I am sure I would. Maybe ask her what her favorite pie is or since it's going on your face you might want it to be something you like!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sounds like a fun, silly idea to me- you may just want to do a whipped cream pie and then save the real pie for eating!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lol, i wouldn't do it either (my son would probably break my nose or something lmao), but good for you for being brave! i second the whipped cream pie. just put some reddi whip in an aluminum pie pan and you're good to go!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Kudos to you for being willing to be silly :)

I would make a "real" pie to eat. And a just whip cream pie to throw...hahahaha.

Just take a pie pan fill it with cream.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i wouldnt .. it seems fun but at the same time it send mixed message . she will think its ok to throw things at people and disrespect u as well . whe wil think its fun to hit mommy with something and when she gets mad she might do it out of anger and thinks its all ok
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't. I agree that it's a mixed message. Allowing a child to do something that really isn't acceptable as a reward for doing something that is acceptable? No, the logic is missing.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No, I wouldn't use a behavior incentive to encourage good behavior by allowing a child to do something inappropriate.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 1:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010