am i the only one?

am i the only one who thinks it's morbidly WRONG to not only let your just turned thirteen year old daughter get a belly ring and tattoos... not only letting them have one but actually convencing your husband to do it for her??!?!?!
i'm not crying BAD PARENT i just personaly thinks it's messed up because in my eyes she's still a baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Eh, I dont think the belly piercing is a big deal, but a tattoo is definitely too much. I got one when I was about that age and I cant even put into words how much I regret it! Im in the process of getting it covered up now. & No my parents didnt allow me to get it, I went behind their backs and had it done. But yeah, 13 is absolutely too young for a tattoo.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 6:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 13 is too young to be destroying your body. I wouldn't let my 13 year old get a piercing or a tattoo!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong or right. It just is.

My nose was pierced as an infant.. It was neither right or wrong of my parents to do so in my eyes.

Some people are okay with such things. Some people are not..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't see the issue with it. As long as it's not something offensive and any tats are easily covered, what's the big deal? My mother never would have let us do that kind of thing under 18, so we did our own - Yeah, I would much rather know my kids had their stuff done cleanly...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think a belly ring just screams slut at that age.

Tattoos... well Im not a fan in general... but i would think it is against the law to tat up a 13 yr old.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• wow i got my belly button pierced at 13 and i was a virgin til marriage ...i think that if u make urself a slut that's on u but i wasn't but no to a tattoo because that's permanent ...i hate narrow minded ppl if u make urself a slut then ur a slut but i never slept around i never drank or smoked i didn't get my first kiss til 15
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Not until they are 18 for either one. As a matter of fact, in Wisconsin a parent can no longer sign consent for a child under 18 to get a tatoo, they have to be 18.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The only part of the body I could handle seeing pierced it the ears. Tattoos are a no-no. I'd tell her she can't have a tattoo until she is old enough to get one without your permission. I guess I'm old-fashioned.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• In your eyes she will always be your baby!

Answer by older at 10:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We do not allow piercing in our home other than the ears. I do not allow tattoos in the home either. Pre teens and teenagers are not adults. Their idea of what is cute and fun now is going to change once they become ADULTS. I remember as a teenager I loved Palm trees and flamingos. I still do but now I am older and adore moose and bear themes. I do not think that it is wise to allow teens to think they know what they will like ten years from now. My teens know they can whatever they want once they graduate from high school.
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 1:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010