cockatiels

do any1 have cockatiels birds.let me know what they do and how you take care of them and play.i have 2 a male and female they are a year old

starlene23

Asked by starlene23 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pets

• i have 1 now (i've had her for 8 years now)....i used to have a husband for her too, but he died last year (he was 7 or 8 i guess). i did not get the hand-raised ones, so the closest she will come to me is eating a treat from my hand lol. i change her paper, food and water every day. they are pretty messy (i guess you know that lol). the male was messier than the female though lol. she was laying eggs for awhile, but now she's stopped. she is so silly she would lay them from her perch and they all cracked. she's not the brightest lol. what colors are yours? my female is lutino (yellow), but the male was just grey.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• o ok ok mines not hand raised.my female is grey and white.the male is albino he is the 1 that will bite.i got the birds from some1 that didnt have time for them.but yea they are messy lol.i will put a pic up on my page so you can c them.but the female is coo im working with her to step up and come to me she be trying to run away from me in here cage.the male i just let hem be he like to bit.when i take out the girl he go nuts lol.i had them for all most 3months
    starlene23

Comment by starlene23 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• ook. well i will say that the albino and lutino ones are a little bit crazy lol. so he will take alot of patience. but my male was like that too, and the female also. she was sick when i first got her and i had to give her medicine wearing a leather glove because she would bite me so bad!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• the r extremely noisy lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010