What is the best birth control?

I just had twins 7 months ago, I got the Depo shot a day before I got out of the hospital but i'm not sure it's good because I heard it can weaken your bones. I don't need anymore little ones around here for a while lol. Help!!!

tajmms

Asked by tajmms at 1:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Health

• Try BC pills if you are one to remember to take pills everyday. I have been on BC pills for over 12 years and I make sure I never forget. Or try to get the Mirena IUD, for five years you won't really have to worry...

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• if ur on insurance u can get the IUD. its over 99.9% effective. iv got it and its great!!!!!!!!!
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 1:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• dude get the mirena i have one and its awesome ..... it hurts a lil at first but really is worth the pain
    haydensmommiexo

Answer by haydensmommiexo at 2:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Depo is bad bad bad. My husband is fixed now that we know we're done. Best BC ever.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I have the Mirena. It's wonderful! It makes your periods easier if non-existant and you don't have to worry about taking a pill everyday or going for shots.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I have the Mirena too (going on 2 years) and it's been wonderful. I think I've had 2 or 3 "spotting" episodes, but nothing even close to a period. I took the depo shot for about 6 years prior, and it worked well and I didn't have any of the negative side effects. Actually the only reason I switched was because I got tired of waiting in my doctor's office 4 times a year.
    Anonymous

• i hate the mirena! when i had it placed in it was worse than birth and i had my baby natural...thats just me i dont think she even knew what she was doing.. really sore for weeks...then heavy heavy periods after. i heard its worth all the stuff at first..but im not sure i can last that long cramps are horrible! try the nuva ring maybe?!
    Anonymous

• not to mention my bf says the strings stab him...i heard they cant feel it but he sure can!
    Anonymous

• Not all insurance covers iuds...actually many dont! it costs around 600$....
    Anonymous

• My hubby said at first that the string stabbed him, too. I went back to the doctor and the doctor was able to trim the strings just a bit and no more stabbing!
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2008