I would really like some unbiased opinion on the Art Institute online.

I'm really considering starting a graphic design degree here soon and am worried that I'm getting a biased opinion on everything. Thanks for any help.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 6:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in

• A friend of mine went there to get her AA in Photography. She really like the program.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I wish you the best of luck finding an un-biased opinion.They actually charge four times more,versus finding a local school in your area.They have yet to get all the kinks ironed out.You need to be careful, and watch for the hidden cost,and stay a breast of what is going on.Listen to the other students and what they have to say,because they for the most part are telling you the truth,and your advisor,is going to tell you what they think you need to know.Before you consider going there, weigh your options locally, and compare the cost.Shopping around is your best bet,because you maybe able to get more attention at a ground based institution, than you will get there.The instructors take up to a week to respond to questions,unless the instructor is really on top of his/her game, the response time can be shorter.When I was there,I was told point blank by my advisor to expected tobetreatedlikean apprenticewhileyouarethere.GoodLuck.
    BirthMomof2

Answer by BirthMomof2 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The woman I have been speaking with makes everything seem possible and exciting, but of course she would bc she works there. I haven't had any other opinions really bc I don't know anyone who has attended or that knows someone who has. Ty for the advice. :) I def appreciate the help.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2010