HAIRCUT HORRORS

My son hates getting his hair cut! He screams, squirms and cries
through the whole thing. I have to hold him the whole time. It
is embarrassing! Anyone else have this problem? Any tips?

SMURF7

Asked by SMURF7 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is like that too. he will sit on his daddy's lap and he gets upset. We just make sure we talk to him the whole time and just tell him it's OK. It's just something new that isn't done very often, so I think they just get freaked. He'll be ok. Maybe next time have your SO go with you for a haircut too, so he can see him get his cut as well. That may help.
    Lisabrenner

Answer by Lisabrenner at 3:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Maybe try and look for a kid friendly hair salon. I know at the hair salon in my neighbor hood they have a special kids chair with a movie playing for them while they get their hair cut! Or try entertaining him somehow. Maybe cut his hair yourself?
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I do take him to a kid's salon and he doesn't seem to care about the cute animal chairs or
    the movies they play. My SO and I tried to cut his hair last weekend, no luck there either.
    Thanks for the advice, I guess I will just keep trying and maybe it will get better as he gets older!
    SMURF7

Answer by SMURF7 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my son is 15 months and is scared to get his hair cut. He screams and crys. I even tried it were my hubby was holding him and daddy got a hair cut first. Did not work
    RyansMommy7507

Answer by RyansMommy7507 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008