DID you know?

If you are a recipient of assistance, you can get a free cell phone with free minutes added each and every month! I have had mine for just over a year now and I have used mine for so many things: sending with the kids for a sleep-over, in an emergency when my regular phone is off because I can't afford the card for the current month and most recently, I gave it to a young mom with a 3 mo old whose husband beats her with a baseball bat for safety to call/text me or 911 when she needs help. THIS IS NOT A GIMMICK and it is NOT paid by taxpayer!!

www.safelinkwireless.com

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard of this. I think it's a great plan for those who need it. they should have came up with this a long time ago
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• even if u don't get cash asssistance or food stamps there r other was to b eligible , like if u get heap, medicaid, low income, etc!!!!
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Really !!! I never heard about this, can anyone on assistance get it ?
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• This is wonderful. I have seen it advertised on tv, but I was not sure if it was for real.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My grandma has this.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I just heard about it on the radio like a week ago, but I had heard it mentioned on here a few months ago. I think it's a really great thing, and I'm sure it's already helped many people, and will continue to do so. I heard on the radio that it's like 150 minutes a month around here. Is that everywhere?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That is great
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Who does pay for it if not the taxpayer or the user?
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yes I did know this, my uncle's disabled, and qualified for one, and yes it does come in handy because he then doesn't need a home line. He can call to order his groceries with it (since he can't go himself), and sooo many other things. Like calling his niece (me) when he needs to run an errand.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Anyone on assistance can get it - if they are in a service area. The website will have you put in your zip code and check for you. Then, if it does cover your address area, you order your phone and choose your free minute plan. You can change your plan any time. On the first of each month you get that many free minutes added. Just keep your phone turned on over the day of the 1st.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010