How do we find the life to juggle so many things into 24 hours?

Lately Ive found that my husband and I have been so busy with work and the kids, we've forgotten to take care of our relationship. Is there a cure? I know we need a date night or something, but how often should I make one? Once a week? Once a month? If we dont figure this out soon, we are gonna have to go to marriage counseling, and I really dont wanna go down that road.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• as often as possible ...and if u have kids include them at times too, there's alot of things u 's can do as a family that are fun too and it will only make ur relationship stronger!!!! and if u don't have the money be creative , a movie, romantic diner, a nice long walk, etc....
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Honey you cannot go to marriage counseling, you do not have the time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You have to make the time. We have at least an hour together each night after the kids go to bed. I realize that won't work for everyone's schedule. Make time at least once a week for time just for you and your DH. Spend at least an hour together, do not talk about work, money or the kids. Find fun stuff you enjoy doing together and focus on that. Write out your schedule if you have to on a calendar, and schedule "date" night. don't let anything else come first after you have already scheduled it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My husband and I schedule "Date Night" around our favorite TV Shows. Usually it is Tuesday night. No matter what - we are together just "being together". We send the kids to their rooms for quiet time so we can have some too! It works and it is wonderful. You don't have to spend money to have a date night.
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 7:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That's a dilema my husb & I have been struggling w/ too. You just have to squeeze the time in some where, some how. Weekends are usually a little easier to do that. I dont know how old your kids are, but set up a play date or overniter so you can have time for yourselves. Putting a lock on the BR door cant hurt either, but it's easier to be less inhibited when you have the house to yourselves. Also, for the past few years, we have planned long weekend get aways together to reconnect as a couple. It's wonderful! With a little creative effort, I'm sure you can work something out. Good luck :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• we find the time us in our marriage.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lol theres always 2moro for chores
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010