Hard wood flooring, do you have any suggestion?

I'm going to throw away my old carpet and get some hard wood floor but it's so complicated, there are so many kinds of woods. Could you give me all the suggestion you have in mind? I'm looking for something long lasting that doesn't get easily scratched or damaged. And where should I go to get the job done? Thank you

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Something that's very durable is bamboo flooring, and it looks really good too... As for where to go, depends on where you live, I'd look someplace like Yelp, so you can get reviews on them too.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have oak hardwood, bamboo and cork flooring. I love them all. The only thing I would have done with the bamboo is have a coat of high traffic polyurethane on it. With the kids and dog it looked a little too worn very early on. We have cork in the kitchen cooking area and family room and it's just as good as the oak and bamboo. It might have a little more give and we have "traffic" on it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Bamboo is one of the hardest and will hold up well as well as being environmentally efficient if you are interested in that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2010