would you buy something off craigslist if you knew it was stolen?

I'm contemplating buying something off of craigslist that retails for $240+tax=$265, and they are selling it for $200. I'm 99% positive it is stolen...I don't really know that my morals are worth $65.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I would not buy anything from anyone if I knew what I was thinking of buying was stolen. I would feel like I'd be helping the thief participate in his sin of theft.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If I knew for sure it was stolen? Then no, I wouldn't. But maybe the price is lower because it's used? Isn't that usually the case with items on craigslist?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No way. However, $65 cheaper doesn't mean it's stolen. I've sold things on Craigslist for way cheaper than they retail for, and they weren't stolen, lol. That's kinda the whole point of Craigslist...to get good deals.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• What makes you 99% "SURE" it is stolen? I bought a PS3 still in the box used only a month and 10 games for 150 on CL (they left the reciept in the box)...PS3 $399 and the games at $20-60 ea....I wouldnt make that assumption unless you're 100% sure. Families are selling everything they own just to buy groceries and pay car insurance. Selling anything below the retail is normal and $65 lower is not that much of a deal.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• NO- if i knew it was Stolen i wouldn't buy it- i doubt very seriously what you are thinking of buying is stolen b/c it would be a much better deal than what you are describing!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No. If i knew it was stolen there's' be no way.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope, cause if it IS stolen and they trace it to you, YOU go down for it like the person whom sold it to you would.

Not worth the risk.......just save up the $65 and get it NEW retail!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010