when your dh gets off work....

do you demand a phone call to know he is on his way home

do you expect a call because he usually calls

do you get upset if he doesnt call by a certain time...because he usually calls

do you call him

do neither of you even think to call each other

or other

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• No to all. The only time I call is if I want a soda. lol, or he calls if hes going to be late.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He always calls when he is supposed to leave to let me know either he is staying late or he is leaving. He does this because I have to go to work right after he gets home.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Right now he's deployed and calls me as soon as he gets back to his room & I totally expect it & get a little frustrated when he doesn't call on time. When he's home he would usually call of come by my work to see me. I don't expect it so it's always a nice suprise!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 7:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Other.
    We chat back and forth (on the computer) most days, and he works weird hours. I never expect him to call me, and we rarely talk on the phone. I do like to know when he is going to be very late, so I can set the alarm- or if he is going to be early so I can have supper done. But I don't expect him to tell me where he is, or what he is doing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• we love talking to each other so he almost always calls me when he gets off work. if he doesn't and i noticed i will call to see where he is at cause i just can't wait til he gets home. today though we had nothing to speak of so we hung up and i'm waiting anxiously for him to get him. where is he? maybe i'll call to see how close he is. yikes it's like we just met or something. i'm only so anxious cause i was away from him for over a wk and i missed him so much and haven't had much time to spend since i got home. i don't demand he calls, he just does. gives us bonding time.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He always calls when he leaves work. I expect him to call and I like talking to him on his way home bc sometimes that's the only time I get to tell him about my day because he is back in school and does homework the rest of the night.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My husband calls when he is on his way home, he works for the railroad so when he goes to work he is gone for about 36 hours at a time, while he is on the clock he is unreachable so he likes to call to check in whenever he gets a chance then when he gets off work he calls to let me know he is on his way home. He has to drive about 40 miles to and from work so its also a safety thing-there isn't always cell phone reception where he drives. I like it when he calls because I like to have a clean house for him to come home to, and I like be able to get dinner going. When I was still working I also worked out of town and I would call to let him know just in case there was an accident or something or in case there was something he wanted me to pick up on my way home. I am glad that I don't have to "demand" its just kind of something we do for each other.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• he calls me a couple of times during the day to just say hi, see how me and the kids r and jus to talk and he always calls me 0n his way home from work, it's just who he is ...i love when he calls me it's the little things like that, that show me how much he cares/loves and thinks of us ...it's always so nice to hear his voice !!!!!
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• He usually calls me to let me know he's on his way home, mainly because I have to unlatch the door or he can't get in...lol. I will only call him if its been a while after he is usually home. Its not usual for him to work late. The only reason I call is to know around what time I need to unlatch the door.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Believe it or not, my husb does not have cell phone, & he's usually home around the same time every day. If he's going to be late, he's good about letting me know. Its just common curtousy :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010